Friday 20 March 2015

My PGCE placement - an update

Last weekend I played rugger for the university. I’m not good enough to play for them on a regular basis but the usual winger was injured so I was asked to take her place. We won by one converted try to nil (7-0 in points) so I was pleased about that. We scored in the first few minutes but after that the other team, who seemed enormous, had almost all the possession. Somehow we managed to stop them scoring and I think that by the end of the game they were really frustrated because, if I’m honest, they were by far the better team. 

I am very busy in my PGCE school placement. It isn’t enough to be good, or even an excellent teacher. The bosses expect you to be that. If you want to get promotion you have to do other things apart from classroom teaching. As a PGCE student I was advised to be quite high profile with lunchtime and after school activities. I do some work with the PE department, usually after school and some lunch times I help with the gifted and talented pupils. All this means that I feel busy all the time and once I get home I don’t stop being busy because that is the only time I have to do my lesson preparation. My boy friend is getting on much better now, he has learned to pace himself more and is happier and more confident than he was earlier in the course. 

The man who lives in the house that backs on to my house is a builder and a property developer. He is being rather strange with me at the moment. He has some grand scheme where he would buy, then demolish, four houses including mine. He would then have enough land to build 6 or 7 houses which he thinks would make him lots of money. He was very annoyed when I said I wasn’t interested in selling my house to him. I think he thought I was some stupid youngster who could be bullied into selling him my house far too cheaply!  I’m no expert but some of the things he said were lies and other bits were just stupid rubbish so I wasn’t sad when he left. 

My shoulder is now better but I got a kick during the game that has left a massive bruise on my thigh. It is purple at the moment and doesn’t look very ladylike!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment